Monday, April 2, 2012

Whats on tonights menu? Pesto crumbed salmon!




Whats on tonights menu?
Tonight its roast vegies (beetroot, zucchini, capsicum and onion) with pesto-crusted salmon. I make my own pesto and breadcrumbs, so heres the recipe for one of my favourite dinners:

Pesto:
In a food processor, blend up:
2 cups washed, fresh baby spinach leaves and rocket mix
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup pine nuts
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbsp parmesan cheese (use fresh stuff, not powdered!)
Small handful of fresh basil leaves
Pepper to taste

I make my own breadcrumbs in a coffee grinder. After looking up the ingredients on the back of pre-made crumb mixes,  you will be motivated to make your own crumbs too!

Smear the pesto on your salmon, then sprinkle with crumbs. Cook for 25 minutes in a 180 degree oven.

Too easy and tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment